Currency: Vietnam Dong/VND
Calling code: +84
Area: 331.210 km²
Population: 91 million
Density: 272 per km²
1. Are there typical greeting rituals?
Friendly proffering a firm hand with eye contact and a warm smile.
2. What business rules are to be followed?
Be professional, be timely and polite and friendly. Dress accordingly. Ties are only for important events. Exchange business cards at the start of the meeting. At the beginning of a meeting it is common to start with small talk.
3. What advantages are there?
We have a very large population and a long sea coast from south to north, which is over 2000 km long. Vietnam has many natural resources and a long history (from 2879 BC). The young generation plays more and more an important role in the development of the country.
4. What subjects are discussed during small talk?
About hobbies (football, golf, etc.), family, kids and hot topics in the world.
5. What commodities play an important role in the country and to which countries does it export to and from which countries does it import from the most part?
Mobile phone, garment and shoes, machinery, spare part, seafood, coffee and furniture/wood
To: The USA, Germany, UK, France and Japan
Materials (fabric, leather,..), steel, gasoline, cars and machinery
From: China, the USA, Thailand, Japan, Germany and Korea
6. What special logistics obstacles/difficulties are there on location?
Weak infrastructure, Corruption, out-of-date technology and high trucking costs
7. Are there traditional dishes that are eaten on specific holidays, for instance?
Duck is usually used as traditional foods on some very tradition holidays. For the Lunar New Year, there are chicken and pork as well. We also arrange five kinds of fruit (coconut, mango, papaya, annona, watermelon) on large plates for traditional events.