5. What commodities play an important role in the country and to which countries does it export to and from which countries does it import from the most part?
Refined petroleum, integrated circuits and computers
To: China, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Indonesia
Electrical machinery equipment, mineral fuels, and vehicles
From: China, the United States and Japan
6. What special logistics obstacles/difficulties are there on location?
Singapore is a small land. As such, we have limited space constraints for the logistics industry. We believe that we could achieve even more if we had more space for the logistics industry.
7. What goods were the most exciting or unusual that were transported by Fr. Meyer's Sohn or of which you have heard?
Hello Kitty Plush/Figurines for Hello Kitty & Friends Christmas event at Singapore Changi Airport. It was a big scale and popular event that attracted both locals and tourists.
8. Are there traditional dishes that are eaten on specific holidays, for instance?
Chilli Crab! It was created in 1953. A couple was trying to come up with new ways to cook crab. They hit the jackpot when they came up with a chilli-and-tomato-sauce, which is now famously known as "Chilli Crab". It all started in a makeshift pushcart seafood restaurant and is now so popular that it is even recognized as a national dish.
9. What must absolutely be experienced or seen there?
- Jewel Changi (World tallest indoor waterfall at 40M, Pokemon Centre and Forest Valley)
- Sentosa Island (Universal Studio)
- Marina Bay Sands
- Garden by the Bay
- Merlion Park
Singapore is generally accessible by public transport such as bus, train and taxi.