5. What commodities play an important role in the country and to which countries does it export to and from which countries does it import from the most part?
a. Export - Refined Petroleum, Integrated Circuits, Computers - China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia
b. Import -Electrical Machinery Equipment, Mineral Fuels, Vehicles - China, United States, Japan
6. What special logistics obstacles/difficulties are there on location?
Singapore land is small. As such, we have limited space constraints for logistics industry. If Singapore have bigger land like our neighboring countries, based on our abilities, we believe that we can achieve to even greater heights.
7. What goods were the most exciting or unusual that were transported by Fr. Meyer's Sohn or of which you have heard?
Hello Kitty Plush/Figurines for Hello Kitty & Friends Christmas event at Singapore Changi Airport. It was a big scale and popular event that attracted both locals and tourists.
8. Are there traditional dishes that are eaten on specific holidays, for instance?
Chilli Crab! It was created in 1953. A couple was trying to come up with new ways to cook crab. They hit the jackpot when they came up with a chilli-and-tomato-sauce concoction which we now famously known as Chilli crab. It was started by a makeshift pushcart seafood restaurant which it got so popular that Singaporeans recognized as a National Dish.
9. What must absolutely be experienced or seen there?
- Jewel Changi (World tallest indoor waterfall at 40M, Pokemon Centre, Forest Valley)
- Sentosa Island (Universal Studio) Marina Bay Sands, Garden by the Bay, Merlion Park
Singapore is generally accessible by public transport such as bus, train and taxi, different modes of transport are easily available to have an ease of travelling around.