Currency: Vietnam Dong|VND
Calling code: +84
Area: 331.210 km²
Population: 91 million
Density: 272 per km²
1. Are there typical greeting rituals?
Friendly proffering a firm hand with eye contact and a warm smile
2. What business rules are to be followed?
Be professional, be timely and polite and friendly. Dress accordingly. Ties are only for important events. Exchange business cards at the start of the meeting and client normally prefer to have some talks more personal than business at the beginning
3. What advantages are there and which of these are actually true?
We have large population with very long sea shore from South to North (over 2000km), lot of natural resources and a long history (from 2879 BC). Young generation is more and more playing important role in developing country.
4. What subjects are discussed during small talk?
About hobbies (football, golf, etc.), family, kids and hot topics in the world.
5. What commodities play an important role in the country and to which countries does it export to and from which countries does it import from the most part?
Mobile phone, garment & shoes, machinery, spare part, seafood, coffee and furniture/wood to the USA, Germany, UK, France and Japan
Materials (fabric, leather,..), steel, gasoline, car and machinery from China, The USA, Thailand, Japan, Germany and Korea
6. What special logistics obstacles/difficulties are there on location?
Weak infrastructure, Corruption, out-of-date technology and high trucking cost
7. What goods were the most exciting or unusual that were transported by Fr. Meyer's Sohn or of which you have heard?
Pulp & Paper, Special equipments
8. Are there traditional dishes that are eaten on specific holidays, for instance?
Duck is usually used as traditional foods on some very tradition holidays. For the Lunar new year, there are chicken and pork as well. We also arrange five kinds of fruit (coconut, mango, papaya, annona, watermeloon) on large dish for traditional events.