1. In which period of time, in which department and in which branch did your internship take place?
- Supply Chain Management - Customer Solutions
2. Why did you apply to Fr. Meyer's Sohn and for the chosen department?
In October 2017 I finished my bachelor degree in business administration with a focus on Operations and Supply Chain Management. I gained some working experience while I was a student working in the intralogistics department of another company during my last semester (April-September 2017). I'm very interested in sea freight and interlogistic, which is why I wanted to gain some more insight in this specific area. I play field hockey in Hamburg in the best competition in Germany and due to a personal contact between my trainer and CEO Marc Meier, I had the chance for an interview about an internship with Olaf Rathgeb. I had a really nice phone call with Olaf and at the end of our telephone interview, he offered me the internship at FMS.
I wasn't able to be at the interview in person because I spent the first five months of the year in London playing hockey for the best ladies team in the United Kingdom. With the Surbiton Hockey Club I won the English premier league and the cup competition. Moreover we also participate in the eurohockey club cup (which basically is the champions league for hockey) on our home turf! Playing in front of a home crowd against the best club teams in Europe was one of my best hockey experiences ever. In addition to that, three Olympic gold medallists from Rio played in my team and I felt very honoured and lucky to had the chance playing side by side with these legends for half of a season. After these five months of playing intensive hockey, I was very happy and excited about the opportunity to start my internship at FMS and to focus on my academic carrier. I am about to start my Master in Supply Chain Management next month in Antwerp. The Supply Chain Management - Customer Solutions department of FMS was the ideal place to do my internship to get more insight in this particular field.
3. What are your daily tasks?
- Introduction and learning of customer service Platform Cruise Control.
- Collaboration on customer solutions projects to optimize customer supply chains.
- Creation of user manuals and other documentation regarding the functions of Cruise Control.
- Independent processing of support requests (internal inquiries).